At the end of the program research scholars should be able to:
- Demonstrate the capacity for close, critical reading of theoretical texts
- Design and take to successful completion a research located in psychosocial studies.
- Produce knowledge that cuts across the divisions between disciplines.
- Develop new bodies of psychological knowledge that are relevant to India.
- Evaluate ongoing research and policy connected to their fields
- Publish articles in scholarly journals and books
- Create pedagogy and research techniques to further psychosocial studies.