|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: Semester 5 Year: 2021
Course Coordinator and Team: Honey Oberoi and faculty
Email of course coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-requisites: Completion of prior courses
Students are required to do clinical work at ehsaas and see cases for short term and long term clinical work. At the end of semester 6 they have to submit reports of intense clinical work with two long term cases. This has to be substantiated with process notes and comments by their clinical supervisor. The clinical work has to be documented in the long term psychoanalytic life historical framework which has been provided to the students.
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify different diagnostic criteria in the patients that they work with.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of initiating clinical work, doing the initial intake interview and subsequently navigating therapy through the different phases.
- Should be able to identify transference-countertransference phenomena and explore unconscious dynamics in the cases.
- 4. The student should be able to carry a self reflexive stance and an empathic stance throughout their internship
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
- Introduction to intake interview: The module will have readings which will enable the student in attuning oneself to the patient and these readings will be created by the student and supervisor which introduces the student to the initiation of clinical work at ehsaas.
- Understanding transference- countertransference : In Reading List:this module the student will be introduced to nuances of transference and countertransference in the therapeutic relationship by the supervisor.
- Evolving the art of interpretations: In this module the supervisor will explain to the students through readings the difference between suggestion, clarification and interpretation while closely evaluating the process notes of the student.
Assessment Details with weights:
- Assessment 1: Written assessment: 60%
- Assessment 2: VIva : 40%
- To be drawn individually between supervisor and student